Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Training Mode


I must admit, the start of the holiday season played tricks on me. After almost four months of training for my first 10K, I was so burnt out--I literally took a one month sabbatical from training. I needed the break, but I clearly took a hit. Just a few weeks "off" and I'm back up a whole five pounds. Granted, I don't focus too much on the scale. I actually HATE the scale, but I was fully aware that I regressed when I went to the track and I could only get around there six times (for the race, I had to run 24 times around). I thought I could substitute running with a few cardio machines at the gym, but nothing works you out like running. And yes--I still gained 5 pounds although I've been going to the gym at least three times per week. Damn thyroid!


In six months, I will be participating in my first HALF MARATHON (that's double the 10K) and I need to get prepared--starting NOW. Despite the cold weather, I must get outside to run, run, run. Four times per week, I have to log my miles. I'm starting slow and only running 10 miles per week, but my goal is to get up to 25 miles per week again. In order to do that, I must go on a strict regimen. That means no eating out anywhere (not even for social reasons), two hours of exercise 6 days a week, proper sleep and minimal stress. The month of May AND the race will be here before you know it. I'll keep you posted on my progress...


In training mode,


T

No comments: