Monday, November 16, 2009

The Holidays are a Coming

It's hard to believe that the holiday season is among us. With the year's major holidays quickly approaching, I feel like we consumers are being bombarded with deals here, deals there. Ten years ago, I never received advertisements for the holidays before Halloween. Then again, ten years ago I was still in high school--I had no money to contribute to frivolous holiday spending anyway. This year, I am concerned about the recession--aren't we still technically in one? The unemployed friends that I have are still unemployed--so what are people going to do about the holidays?

This year is yet another example of thrifty spending and meaningful gift ideas. What do I have in mind exactly? I could go with the traditional flower delivery; however, I know that I've done this so much in the past few months, people know me as the flower girl! I'm saying though, giving flowers is thoughtful and sweet.

On the other hand, a personalized gift baskets may do the trick this year. Each person likes something different, but assembling a gift basket is personal and meaningful as well. And besides, this may be one of the cheapest options for holiday gifts too. All in all, I am not anticipating spending a lot this year...although I've been getting some incredible steals and coupons in the mail. It's all a part of the grand scheme. Stimulate the economy, right? Ahhhh...the holidays are certainly here!